Thursday, December 31, 2009

i'm so thankful.

hey everyone!

i just got back from the winter meeting in dallas texas for the VCYC of the AME Zion Church. I loved the meeting. I was so blessed! I sang in the mass choir which is called the C.R. Thompson Mass Choir. We sang so many songs that just ministered to my spirit. I was full already because my life had undergone a lot of changes in the past month or so but I'm still blessed. Some of my favorite songs would be God Favored Me. The lyrics say: Love is patient caring love is kind. Love is felt most when its genuine but I've had my share of love abused. Manipulated and its strength misused. But I can't help but give YOU glory when I think about my story. And I KNOW YOU FAVORED ME because my enemies did TRY but DIDN'T TRIUMPH over me! Yes they DID TRY but didn't TRIUMPH OVER ME! They whispered, conspired, they told their lies, God favored me. My character, my integrity, my faith in God, He favored me. I speak life and prosperity and I speak health God favors me. Will not fall, will not bend, won't compromise God favors me. I LOVE THAT SONG! It is definitely my testimony and I will praise God for his favor no matter what. Victory is in the View! Not in the promise but in God's past performance. Just look back to where God has brought you from and imagine where you would be if the Lord wasn't on your side!

Another one of the songs that really spoke to me was a song written for one of our directors in a time in his life when he felt like giving up on God and everything in life. This is also a testimony of mine. The lyrics say: I have so much to be thankful for! So much to be thankful for and I don't have the right to be silent again. I'll praise him! This Mid-Winter Meeting taught me so much and I will carry all of those lessons into the New Year! God hasn't brought me this far to leave me alone and I know that if something is going to come out of me it has to be in me!

I WILL BLESS THE LORD AT ALL TIMES HIS PRAISE SHALL CONTINUALLY BE IN MY MOUTH. MY SOUL CRIES OUT HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment